Saturday, February 21, 2009

"Tyler Perry's Madea Goes to Jail"

The latest in this troublemaking grandma series showcases wonderful African-American actors. Too bad the jokes are so lame.


read more...

Before she loved a ghost, Katherine Heigl faced off with a movie monster.


read more...

George Clooney says refugees from Sudan's war-wracked Darfur region that he's been visiting this week are echoing a message: "Bring us justice."


read more...

Best Actress nominee Anne Hathaway tells Barbara about the night that she just said no. Plus, Mickey Rourke admits his early career was destroyed by his anger.


read more...

Summit has moved to slot its third film in the "Twilight" series for June 30, 2010, which will take the franchise into the summer season for the first time.


read more...

Will Linda Hamilton be back for the upcoming Terminator flick? "We are talking," Hamilton told MTV. "I haven't read it yet. I don't know what direction they will go in." But the original Sarah Connor does know in what capacity she would be used. "My contribution would be voiceover," she said. "I would probably be very happy to loan my voice, depending on what the material is. Wait and see. They're already writing it. We've been negotiating it." Terminator Salvation, directed by McG and starring Christian Bale as John Connor, hits theaters in May and is a reboot of the cyborg franchise. Should Hamilton commit to it, it will be her first reprisal of steel-nerved Sarah since 1991's Terminator 2: Judgment Day. She declined a role in 2003's Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, as she felt Sarah was treated as a "disposable" character. But Hamilton notes "it would be great fun" to join Salvation, which has already been credited for staying true to the original films. Would a Hamilton voiceover work for you? Comment on this article at TVGuide.com > Related Articles on TVGuide.com Terminator Will Be Back ... for a Fifth Film Other Links From TVGuide.com Linda Hamilton Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins


read more...

Top 12 finalist Danny g***ey may be an early fan favorite, but no amount of American Idol success can undo the tragedy that befell him when his wife, Sophie, died at the age of 27, during surgery to address a congenital heart condition. Such an unimaginable sadness is inescapable for Danny, even as he is thrust to the fore on America's most popular television program. How will he strike a balance between the plain facts about who is he versus any appearance of "playing the sympathy card"? "People coming in from an outside view probably will think it's too much, but it's only been seven months since she passed," g***ey pointed out during a press conference call the day after he made the Top 12. "It's just who I am. It's not that I throw it in peoples' faces, but I get asked about it all the time." g***ey calls his status as a widower "a sob story I don't want," but points out that "it's shaping my life, and it's causing hope for a lot of people. I didn't want to live anymore after she passed, but now I have my mission set in stone." g***ey's fortitude in the wake of such devastation has impressed fellow finalist Michael Sarver, to name one. "I have mad respect for Danny," Sarver says. "My wife is my absolute best friend, and if she did pass away I don't understand how I could wake up the next day." Looking ahead to the next steps in the Idol competition, g***ey ventures, "There's a fun side of me that's going to come out." Yet while his mood may appear to lighten on stage, make no mistake that he will forever be dealing with the sadness of his lost love. Says g***ey, "It's still just so fresh in my mind." Comment on this article at TVGuide.com > Related Articles on TVGuide.com Top 12 Finalists Michael, Alexis and Danny Talk of God, the Queen and More Other Links From TVGuide.com American Idol


read more...

The parents guide to Street Fighter IV and the whole Street Fighter franchise


read more...